Saturday, June 4, 2011

Collars

I'm very attracted to the idea of having a permanent or lockable collar, and I'm not sure what to make of that desire other than to voice it here. Judgment suspended, I want one to wear 24/7 for reasons which most closely mirror those for wearing an engagement ring, except there's something much more raw and primal and mine about a collar which suits the feeling far better than a pretty piece of jewelry.

Not that I don't adore my rings to death. I wear them constantly and take every opportunity to show them off. Yet a collar seems to suit this new...chapter, I suppose...in ways rings don't specify well enough. There's a passion in the possession and a pride in that allegiance worn so blatantly, like a flag in the wind or a brand on one's arm.

I want one.

No comments:

Post a Comment